Edging the meandering Mae Ping River, Anantara Chiang Mai Resort is conveniently situated a mere five minute walk to the famous Night Bazaar and only 10 minutes from the quaint and traditional attractions of the old moated city. Explore authentic Thai areas, seemingly endless markets and the city’s quirky art culture with its bohemian vibe as well as popular cosmopolitan hangouts and a growing wellness scene. Surrounding the valley in which Chiang Mai resides, verdant mountains are home to vast national parks of virgin rainforest, impressive waterfalls and rare flora and fauna. Discover countless Buddhist temples, timeless hill tribe communities, exotic animal sanctuaries and fascinating handicraft villages, as well as historic ruins that tell a tale of a time when Chiang Mai was the capital of the ancient Lanna Kingdom.
Just a 15 minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport, Anantara Chiang Mai personally greets and transports guests in style by a private car or van that offers complimentary WiFi, so guests may stay connected even as they travel.
Mercedes Benz: THB 1,100 net one way for a maximum of 2 persons with luggage
Van: THB 1,500 net one way for a maximum of 5 persons with luggage
To reserve the resort’s limousine service, please call +66 (0) 53 253 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
The city’s famous three wheeler tuk-tuks and red song taew vehicles provide the excitement of local style travel. For those who prefer more comfort, taxis and the resort’s private cars and vans can also be arranged. To ease the convenience of shopping, Anantara guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle service between the resort and Central Festival mall.
- Night Bazaar (seemingly endless market stalls) - 5 minute walk
- Riverside (boutiques, bars and restaurants) – 5 / 10 minute walk
- Old City (countless temples, markets, street food, shops) – 15 minute walk
- Saturday and Sunday Walking Street Markets – 15 minute walk
- Nimmanhaemin (art galleries, boutiques and coffee shops) – 20 minute drive
- Worarot China Town & Flower Market – 10 minute drive
- Wiang Kum Kam (ancient ruins of the Lanna Kingdom’s first capital) – 15 minute drive
- Wat Prathat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai’s most famous mountain temple) – 40 minute drive
- Bhubing Palace (royal winter residence) – 45 minute drive
- Wat U-Mhong (meditation temple) – 15 minute drive
- Wat Prathat Doi Kham (Golden Mountain Temple) – 45 minute drive
- Mon Jam (stunning viewpoint and Royal Project produce) – 40 minute drive
- Mae Sa Elephant Camp – 40 minute drive
- Orchid and Butterfly Farms – 45 minute drive
- Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden – 45 minute drive
- Ratchaphruek Garden (Royal Flora for His Majesty the King) – 25 minute drive
- Sankampaeng Hot Springs – 45 minute drive
- Chiang Mai Zoo & Aquarium – 20 minute drive
- Chiang Mai Night Safari – 20 minute drive
- Chiang Dao (elephant camp, river rafting and caves) – one and a half hour drive
- Doi Inthanon National Park (Thailand’s highest mountain) – two hour drive
Discover distinctive treatments in a striking inner sanctum where the emphasis is on pure holistic pampering.